Report from the Commission on the Theft of Intellectual Property
Update to the IP Commission Report (February 2017)
Recent Developments, New Research, and Updated Recommendations
On March 15, 2021, the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property (IP Commission) released the IP Commission 2021 Review to offer updated policy recommendations.
- IP Commission 2021 Review: Updated Recommendations (March 2021).
- IP Commission Background Memo (March 2021).
On February 21, 2019, the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property (IP Commission) released the IP Commission 2019 Review to (1) highlight recent developments, (2) review new research that demonstrates the continued salience of IP protection to U.S. competitiveness, and (3) offer updated policy recommendations.
- IP Commission 2019 Review: Progress and Updated Recommendations (February 2019).
On March 8, 2018, the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property (IP Commission) provided policy recommendations for consideration by the Trump administration in response to the Section 301 investigation of Chinese theft of intellectual property (IP) and forced technology transfer:
- Recommendations Regarding the Trump Administration’s Section 301 Investigation (March 2018)
- Written Comments on Behalf of the Commission on the Theft of Intellectual Property to the United States Trade Representative (May 2018)
2013 IP Commission Report
The February 2017 update to the IP Commission’s original report provides a new assessment of the problem and details progress to date on recommendations from the 2013 IP Commission Report. Download the original report below.