Pacific Health Summit
The Importance of Failure in the Creation and Implementation of Affordable Technology for Health
In a panel discussion at the 2012 Pacific Health Summit, participants identified one of the main challenges of innovation: that technology can fail. But failure, and how we deal with failure, is an integral part of the process of using technology to change outcomes, particularly in low-income countries. This is a collection of compelling persepctives drawing on the discussion.
A collection of compelling perspectives from a discussion at the 2012 Pacific Health Summit, this report addresses questions such as the following:
- How do we define failure when implementing technologies for health?
- What mindsets hamper innovation and contribute to failure?
- Where have technologies negatively influenced individuals and communities? How can we prevent misuse of technology?
- How and what can we learn from failures?
- How can we move from failure to success?