Current Employment and Internship Opportunities
Publications Internship - Summer 2015
Publications Internship – Summer 2015
The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR) is seeking an unpaid, volunteer, part-time Publications Intern (12–16 hours per week) to assist with formatting, proofreading, and copyediting, as well as with the distribution of NBR publications.
This entry-level internship position would be ideal for a candidate seeking to develop office skills and professional experience in publishing while also working at a nonprofit research institution. The internship, though volunteer, pays a nominal stipend. Students are also encouraged to apply for credit or funding through their home institution.
- Assisting with formatting, proofreading, and copyediting manuscripts
- Assisting with distributing NBR publications, including processing and shipping orders
- Providing general office support for other NBR activities, including answering incoming calls to the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail, positive work ethic, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a group
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Interest in publishing; interest in Asia studies and international relations is a plus
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style is a plus
Applications for this position are due May 1, 2015. To apply, submit the following to Kailani Cordell:
- Application form: PDF or MS Word
- cover letter that details your interests and availability
- a brief writing sample on a topic related to your field of study
- contact information of three references, including name, title, affiliation, relationship to you, phone number, email address
Please send applications by email to: Ms. Kailani Cordell, Director, Human Resources, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (206) 632-7370.
The deadline for applications is May 1, 2015; however, qualified applications received first will be given priority. Incomplete applications will not be considered.